Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Earth Was Quakin

Today, I had a first. Not a first kiss or a first date, but something way more exciting than that.

Today I felt my first EARTHQUAKE!


There I was, minding my own business and taking my finger nail polish off in the bathroom. Suddenly, the ground began to shake. My little brother Eric came running to me yelling that his room was moving. After a few seconds, the shaking stopped.

Naturally, since I am in North Carolina, the idea of an earthquake never crossed my mind. I quickly ran to the laundry room to see if our dryer was going crazy...(that happens sometimes). Realizing that the dryer was not on, I went to look in the basement to see if I could find anything that could have caused this shaking. I was unable to find anything wrong and since the shaking had stopped, I went back to removing my nail polish.

When my daddy and brother Andrew got home, I told them about the weird shaking. They looked at me like I was crazy. They had not felt anything. However, once daddy turned on the television and saw the news, all of our questions were answered. The shaking of the house was all thanks to an earthquake that occurred in Northern Virginia around 1:50pm. The earthquake had a magnitude of 5.8 and was felt all over the East Coast. Including our beautiful state of North Carolina!

Can you tell I am a Tarheel fan?

Anyway, I would like to apologize to all of you readers who were hoping to find a new girly post, but I just felt that this monumental moment in my life needed to be shared. Today, I was shaken by an actual earthquake! I am just glad that it didn't shake me all night long ;).


No comments:

Post a Comment