Thursday, March 31, 2011

A guest post from Amanda: Get Girly Girl Eyebrows!

Hey everyone! For this post you I am sorry to say that you are not getting me dear friend Erin. I know this may sound like the end of the world but trust me you are in good hands! My name is Amanda and I have my own blog "BEaYOUtiful You" where I use my knowledge from Cosmetology school to provide readers with beauty tips. So sit back, relax, and take some notes!
That's me and Erin! :]

So I decided that since Erin's blog is focusing on her journey to become a girly girl, one thing I think is important for her and any girl to know is how to shape and pluck your eyebrows.

Step One: Find your shape
1)Green 2)Red 3)Blue
The first thing you need to do before plucking is determine the shape your eyebrow should be. To do this you should follow three simple steps. First you , need something to follow a line with such as a eyeliner stick or your tweezers if they will reach from your eyebrow to your nose. Use the picture to the left for help.To start your shape you need to make an imaginary line from the outside of the nostril under that eye to your eyebrow (see green line), this is where your eyebrow should start. Next you want to make another line from the tip of your nose through the middle of your eye to your peak (see red line). Finally, make a line from the same part of the nostril past the outside corner of your eye to your eye brow (see blue line), this is where your eyebrow should stop.


Step Two: PLUCK!

After you have determined the shape of your eyebrows you can begin to pluck. Here are some tips.
   *Always pluck in the direction that your hair grows.
   * Do not over pluck! Thin, barely there eyebrows are not in style and are NOT attractive!
   * Pull your skin taunt before you puck to cut down some of the pain.
   * If you are worried about the pain, use some tooth numbing gel like Orajel or Anbesol.
   * Step back and look at your eyebrows from a distance to check your progress and keep from over plucking!

I hope that you find these tips easy to follow! Just remember, you can always take more off but you can't put it back on! Take your time so you don't over pluck!! Good luck and thank you for reading my guest blog! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment