Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Television Tuesdays: Hart of Dixie

I love television. I honestly do not know what I would do without it to keep me entertained on rainy days like today. There are so many shows that I want to watch lately, it is almost stressful to try to get them all recorded. My weeknights are full of dramas, comedies, and reality shows. I am thrown into a land of fantasy, where problems can be solved in an hour and everyone is attractive.


I have decided I will set aside a day to blog about some of my favorite television shows. From now on, Tuesdays will be strictly for blog posts about shows that I love. Welcome to your very first Television Tuesdays post...I know you are just as excited as I am.

For my first Television Tuesday, I want to talk about one of my new favorite shows, Hart of Dixie.


The show revolves around Dr. Zoe Hart, played by Rachel Bilson, who you might recognize from The OC.  Zoe graduated at the top of her class in medical school and dreams of following in her father's footsteps to become a cardio-thoracic surgeon in New York. However, through a series of unfortunate events (which is also a good movie by the way) Zoe accepts an offer from a stranger, Dr. Harley Wilkes, to work at his practice and finds herself in Bluebell, Alabama.


Upon arriving in Bluebell, Zoe realizes that this southern town is a far cry from the big city where she grew up. To her surprise, Dr. Wilkes has passed away and left his half of the medical practice to Zoe.  This medical professional soon realizes that she is up against some big odds when she meets the other doctor in town, Dr. Breeland. He is not very enthusiastic about having to share his practice, and wants to do anything possible to make her give up and go back to where she came from. His daughter, Lemon Breeland, makes Zoe's life even more unbearable with her jealousy and conniving ways.

Through a couple of emergencies and bad judgements, Zoe decides the only way that the citizens of Bluebell will trust her is if she associates with them and tries to learn about their southern roots and traditions.


Not only does the show keep you rooting for Zoe, it also gives you girly girls out there a little eye candy. Scott Porter, who you may have seen in the television series Friday Night Lights, plays George Tucker. He is Dr. Breeland's lawyer and Lemon Breeland's fiance. He is constantly being scrutinized for being nice to the new lady doctor in town, but for some reason he is continuously drawn to her.


Then there is Wade Kinsella, played by Wilson Bethel. He is Zoe's neighbor and has that bad, southern boy charm. That charm has Zoe spending some quality time with him in his car during the first episode.


The shows airs every Monday at 9:00 pm on the CW. Tune in for some laughs, alligators, gumbo, snakes, hunting, and some good ole southern hospitality. I have uploaded the trailer below, check it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment